This is almost the same packing list as our trip to Japan (which actually split this trip into two sections). The good thing is we had a place to stay for free in Guangzhou.
- Tickets (planes, trains, etc.)
The weather in Southeastern China is pleasant in October. At night the temperature got a little chilly (like during the Pearl River Light Show). I recommend a light jacket at night (or day to protect from the sun.
During the day it was pretty hot. For non-natives like myself, the idea of wearing long sleeves made me sweat even more. About half of the people walking around outside had long sleeves to protect from the sun.
- lightweight jacket
- Tee-shirts (2) – 1 polo 1 regular
- Long sleeve shirts (2)
- Long pants (2)
- shorts (2)
- socks (5)
- underwear (5)
- Sun Hat (foldable) – I got a cheap one from Columbia
- Rain layer: Jacket (with hood) and rain pants
- Wallaby toiletry organizer (for Lily – I’m not even going to try for her toiletry list, but it all fit in here)
- toothbrush, toothpaste and floss
- basic first aid (e.g. tweezers and antibiotic gel)
- travel size soap/shampoo (concentrated soap is good to have to wash clothes on the road too)
- ziploc bags
- packable daypack
- some snacks
- water bottle
- travel tissue packs
- wet wipes/hand sanitizer
- concentrated soap (for showering or laundry)