See the Blue’s YouTube playlist
In April 2020, a pair of bluebirds took up residence in the birdhouse built the previous winter.
We named the Bluebird family: “The Blues” and we are documenting their activities on a semi-daily basis via the Bluebird Blog.
There were five fledglings in the original brood, which all successfully fled the nest after about 18 days. Since the first brood, more Bluebirds (we will call the extended Blues family) have migrated to the area and also resided in the nestbox.
After two successful broods in 2020, sadly we changed residences which meant that we were no longer able to monitor the original bluebird family. However after building a new birdhouse at our new residence, we quickly received new residents for the 2021 season. For simplicity, we continue to refer to our bluebird neighbors as “The Blues”.
Most recent video
the best pictures I have been able to conjur up thus far
Brood 1: Hatched May 10, fledged May 28 (5 fledglings) 2020
5 eggs, 5 hatched, all survived
- The Bluebird family – new residents
- The Blue Family – Part 2 – Food supply
- The Blue Family – Part 3 – What’s for Lunch?
- The Blue Family – Part 4 – Sounds like the Blues
- The Blue Family – Part 5 – Is that an egg?
- The Blue Family – Part 6 – Little Blues
- The Blue Family – Part 7 – Fully fledged
Brood 2: Hatched June 26, fledged July 14ish 2020
4 eggs, 4 hatched, all survived
- The Blue Family – Part 8 – The Blues are back
- The Blue Family – Part 9 – Out with the old, in with the new
- The Blue Family – Part 10 – Fresh Eggs
- The Blue Family – Part 11 – New mouths to feed
- The Blue Family – Part 12 – The straggler
Brood 3: April 25 – May 27 2021
5 eggs, 3 hatched, 2 survived
- The Blues – Nestbox 2.0
- The Blues – a new start
- The Blues – Harvey and Sharon
- The Blues – All 5 eggs
- The Blues – Early Days
- The Blues – One Week Old
- The Blues – More Feathers
- The Blues – It looks like they fledged